Poll: Do you believe that herbs can treat disease?
Yes I believe they can of SOME
I believe there are herbs for every drug
I think drugs are better
I am not sure but have been hearing that
other (post)
[Show Results]

The cancer alternative? Myth of Reality? (Breast Cancer - herbs)
05-27-2007, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2007 10:43 PM by angieskidney.)
The cancer alternative? Myth of Reality? (Breast Cancer - herbs)
Does this work better for Breast Cancer than regular cancer treatments? Why are only drugs and chemo therapy recommended then?

Quote:Myth or reality?

The cancer alternative

Ruth Osman

Sunday, May 6th 2007

Cancer is fast becoming one of the leading causes of death in Trinidad and Tobago.

Minister of Health John Rahael recently announced that one in every three of the local population is affected by the disease at some point in their lives. And as if that weren't bad enough, recent reports claim that the global incidence of the disease will treble over the next 20 years.

Surgery, chemotherapy and radiation treatment are the traditional medical treatments used to fight cancer. But what if there were other ways, not just of fighting the disease, but of preventing its occurrence in the first place?

Rupert Banfield, a Trinidadian, was enjoying a cup of coffee in Barnes and Nobles, New York, USA, when he found a book about alternative cancer treatments. Since then, he has been a proponent of the "wonder foods" and the healthy lifestyle encouraged by practitioners of alternative medicine.

Banfield, who is in his eighties and in good health, swears by the book How to Fight Cancer and Win.

Written by William L Fischer, author of over a dozen books on natural healing, How to Fight Cancer and Win presents guidelines for "the successful treatment and prevention of cancer and other related health problems".

Most of the preventative measures endorsed by the book fall under the nutrition category.

In fact, Fischer devotes six chapters to nutrition's role in the maintaining good health.

He enthusiastically encourages the use of linseed oil, which he calls "the miracle fat", and golden bee pollen.

As strange as Fischer's advice may seem, many claim that his recommendations are grounded in fact and scientific research.

Dr Lionel Mayers, founder of Soul Mind Body Research Institute, spoke to the Sunday Express about the linseed oil (also known as flax seed) and cottage cheese formula recommended by Fischer:

"It sounds ludicrous ... but you have to understand the science of it."

Launching into a long and technical exposition on the subject, Mayers explained that the mixture produced an "electron-rich" oil, which once it got into the cell would attract oxygen.

"Oxygen and cancer don't agree," he said.

Fischer also speaks about the emotional aspects of the fight against cancer. Quoting Dr O Carl Simonton of the Cancer Counselling and Research Centre in Dallas, Texas, Fischer writes:

"... Cancer ... will flourish in a body whose owner is in a state of deep despair."

He extends that train of thought even further by claiming that "psychological mind power can be consciously activated to battle and conquer the disease."

The means by which this is done is called "visualisation therapy". During this treatment, patients use "positive imaging" to fight the malignant cancer cells.

Mayers explained that patients can be taught to hypnotise themselves into a positive mood.

Catharsis, he said is also important. "They need to let go of all the stuff that went on in their life, before they can start to heal."

He drove his point home with the analogy that "people who have cancer are sometimes mentally constipated".

The techniques, diets and lifestyle habits proposed by Fischer are many and varied. He writes that any choices made should be informed by the type of cancer and the advice of a medical practitioner.

But do these alternative techniques work? James Thomas*, who suffered from prostate cancer, says that they do.

Thomas says his treatment included colon cleansing, detoxification, reoxygenation, and a complete change of diet to fruits and vegetables.

"That was two years ago," he told the Sunday Express, "and I was successfully treated for my ailment."

Mayers claims that if natural medicine were used to treat all cancer cases, most would be successful. He says that he has seen many cases cured by oxygenation and positive lifestyle changes.

"If the techniques preached by men like Fischer are so successful, why aren't they more widely accepted?" I ask.

Mayers laughs. "That's another long story," he says.

*name was changed to protect the identity of the person.
LINK

[Image: angiepinkglitter200x100.gif]
[Image: SpjzM.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply