Harmful Effects of Packaged Foods on Kidneys
12-28-2010, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2010 09:11 PM by sunshine.)
Harmful Effects of Packaged Foods on Kidneys
Quote:Packaged foods tend to aggravate the problems of those of suffering from kidney problems and disorders by almost 50%. As per
the research reports, the preservatives used in the packaged foods, like salts and phosphorous, are harmful for kidney patients and those suffering from the problem should curb the usage of such products as far as possible.

Harmful Effects of Food Acids in Packaged Foods

Food acid content in these packaged foods is quite high. Usually these food acids act as antioxidants and preservatives for the packaged food items, and are therefore used in all kinds of packaged foods. These food acids needs to be separated from the useful acid intake. This separation procedure calls for filtering of these liquids by the kidney.

A lot of waste food acids put load on the kidney. Specially for those suffering from kidney problems should take extra caution to not consume packaged foods.

Doctors advise a healthy fresh food diet for the kidney patients, instead of resorting to the no-nutrient packaged food alternatives. Swelling in the limbs and an increase in the blood pressure are also a few of the ailments associated with packaged foods.

Besides the above mentioned harmful effects of packaged foods, the other harmful constituents of the packaged foods are sodium and potassium preservatives. A lot of complications arise with uncontrolled intake of these packaged foods . In the longer run the artificial constituents of these processed and packaged foods tend harm the regular working of the kidneys. Otherwise also, packaged food consumption might result in a lot of other types of health hazards in the longer run.

over the holidays, I thought I would try out a new recipe, it
called for fish sauce, (Vietnamese recipe) which is extremely
high in sodium, anyway, I can't even begin to tell you how
I felt after I had the dish, not well, and I noticed the top of my
feet swell, so never again, I don't know what I was thinking
to begin with, buying the stuff.
link

~The most important things in the world
were accomplished by people who have
kept on trying when there seemed to be
no hope left~
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2010, 03:07 PM
RE: Harmful Effects of Packaged Foods on Kidneys
Myself I never eat anything knowingly out of a can or box. So much salt, too much actually especially canned soup, hamburger helper type meals and those 'Chinese noodles'. It also lowered my blood pressure too once I stopped eating it, not easy though... Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-29-2010, 05:14 PM
(12-29-2010 03:07 PM)Canadian Wrote:  Myself I never eat anything knowingly out of a can or box. So much salt, too much actually especially canned soup, hamburger helper type meals and those 'Chinese noodles'. It also lowered my blood pressure too once I stopped eating it, not easy though... Smile

that's good and you do get used to living without all the high
sodium foods. in-fact, you actually start to taste what food
should really taste like, and after awhile, you can't even imagine
eating packaged, or canned. Anyway, starting today, no more
adding salt to what ever I make, only because Steven is
experiencing some swelling in his ankles and feet, hopefully with
change in diet, by just dropping salt, it will help get him back on
track. Fingerscrossed

no hope left~
06-06-2014, 03:37 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 02:29 AM by Hadwin.)
For the kidney patients fresh and natural foods are the best.
Don't use any packaged foods and processed foods, add more fresh fruits, vegetables and juices in your diet.

Adam Prowse Personal Trainer,
2/539 High Street Maitland,
New South Wales 2320, Australia
06-07-2014, 01:12 AM
All my meals are cooked with fresh ingredients no pre packed foods, I like to know what I am eating

Life is for living, so make the most of it.
06-07-2014, 10:24 AM
it's funny though sometimes after dialysis, my blood pressure plummets,
I have to turn to sodium to help bring it up to at least get to a level where I can hold
my head up, I think this is when a little "bad" works though. I once had to phone
the on-call nephrologist because after dialysis I felt horrible, his reply was, " go to
McDonald's and buy a side of salty fries", I didn't do that, I just found something salty in
the house. Smile I find a little salty broth works just fine.

no hope left~