Page:
cost of dialysis treatment in Ontario Canada
12-18-2007, 11:36 AM
Question cost of dialysis treatment in Ontario Canada
My friend is moving to Canada but will not have any insurance for 90 days. He is from the philippenes and currently receives dialysis two times per week. Does anyone have any idea what that might cost in Toronto Canada? Please and thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2007, 12:41 PM
RE: cost of dialysis treatment in Ontario Canada
Hey don't worry about it manny.....in Canada your friend just needs to go to the hospital and will not be turned away for any reasons... not a problem......... and here's were he/she needs to go
St Micheals Hospital ( Dr Phil McFarlane )
Toronto General ( Dr Christopher Chan )
Humber River Regional ( Dr Andreas Pierratos )

and not neccesaliy in that order...

Hope that helps

Nocturnal Home Haemodialysis
http://www.nocturnaldialysis.org/
Canadian Kidney Connection
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group....8965850985
Ontario Renal Community
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/grou...2892555522
12-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Jester, do you know anything about immigration requirements for Canada from the US. A friend of my who is a cancer survivor but on maintenance chemo wanted to move to British Columbia but was told he had to be healthy to qualify for resident status and he didn't want to go just as a tourist.

To the stars through difficulties.
12-18-2007, 08:25 PM
a couple of good links chefnancy

link

link

~The most important things in the world
were accomplished by people who have
kept on trying when there seemed to be
no hope left~
12-19-2007, 12:27 AM
Remember a few years ago a couple of our eastern provinces had more medical cards than people? ha It is not funny but they figured many of those excess were Americans and in a way with the high cost of health insurance and so many uninsured I can't really blame them.

To me, Health Care is a basic human right and everyone on the planet should be entitled to it for no cost.

It just boggles my mind that the US is the only 'westernized' country without some sort of universal medical and that there seems to be a lot of resistance towards it for some reason I can not comprehend.

I know ours is not perfect and far from it is some cases but you don't have to pay each time you see a doctor or go to a hospital.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-19-2007, 05:08 AM
Jester Wrote:Hey don't worry about it manny.....in Canada your friend just needs to go to the hospital and will not be turned away for any reasons... not a problem......... and here's were he/she needs to go
St Micheals Hospital ( Dr Phil McFarlane )
Toronto General ( Dr Christopher Chan )
Humber River Regional ( Dr Andreas Pierratos )

and not neccesaliy in that order...

Hope that helps
Thank you so much. It does help, how do you know this?
12-19-2007, 06:34 AM
It is the law. You can not be turned away.
12-19-2007, 07:04 AM
Jester, do you know anything about immigration requirements for Canada from the US. A friend of my who is a cancer survivor but on maintenance chemo wanted to move to British Columbia but was told he had to be healthy to qualify for resident status and he didn't want to go just as a tourist.
chefnancy

The truth nis that I really don't know !! but then again I see no reason why a person wouldn't be granted status because of a health issue.... ghit don't know....

But tell you one thing I sometimes feel as we living here in Northern Ontario are living in a foriegn land when it come to dilivery of services to dialysis patients as compared to the south....

you'd have to think that kidney disease in some ways is different in a person from the north

That is why I'm still hell bent on seeing a home hemo nocturnal dialysis program here... as it is in the south....far to many people are falling through the cracks.... Jessie was one and so are many others....

and Dan is right it is THE LAW

Nocturnal Home Haemodialysis
http://www.nocturnaldialysis.org/
Canadian Kidney Connection
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group....8965850985
Ontario Renal Community
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/grou...2892555522
12-19-2007, 10:23 AM
Canadian Wrote:Remember a few years ago a couple of our eastern provinces had more medical cards than people? ha It is not funny but they figured many of those excess were Americans and in a way with the high cost of health insurance and so many uninsured I can't really blame them.

To me, Health Care is a basic human right and everyone on the planet should be entitled to it for no cost.

It just boggles my mind that the US is the only 'westernized' country without some sort of universal medical and that there seems to be a lot of resistance towards it for some reason I can not comprehend.

I know ours is not perfect and far from it is some cases but you don't have to pay each time you see a doctor or go to a hospital.

I discussed this with someone on another board, and his view, bc he is healthy, is "Why should he have to pay for us getting sick? Why did it become his responsibility? It's not his fault that we don't make enough money to pay our medical bills or have good insurance." I stopped going to that board.

Click here for all your organ donation awareness product needs!
KidneyFun // AngiesKidney
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
~Dx'd solitary kidney & CKD Dec 1998 (11yrs old)
~PD April 2006 - May 2008 (18 - 20yrs old)
~Tx May 5, 2008 - URLD = fiancee <3
12-19-2007, 10:25 AM
plain ignorance, can't bother with people like that.

~The most important things in the world
were accomplished by people who have
kept on trying when there seemed to be
no hope left~
Page: